Monday, December 6, 2010

The Damned Things "We've Got A Situation Here"

Hard to believe a band like Anthrax is close to THIRTY fucking years old. Scott Ian is one of my favorite dudes in metal. He's immediately recognizable, and has participated in some classic old school thrash and crossover. Notably, S.O.D.

Anthrax and S.O.D. are pioneers, without question. This brings me to my point. "The Damned Things". A 'supergroup', featuring members of Anthrax, Every Time I Die, and...uhmmmm......Fall Out Boy.



Normally, any sort of association with Fall Out Boy means immediate disqualification from the metal world. For me at least. That being said, I hate to admit that this song is not that bad. It's got a pretty nice hook in the chorus, considering that it's comprised of 75% unsatisfactory elements. I actually am looking forward to this album, it has a sort of high powered 'Clutch' feel to it. Being that I like 'Clutch', I feel comfortable saying that I like 'The Damned Things'.

The video itself is pretty cool. Brendon Small of Metalocalypse fame takes the directing helm, to my approval of course. The video is funny and childish. Dethklok M.O.

Also, Brian Posehn is the luckiest dude, in this video at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment